mediationWhen your parents need help deciding about physical placement, they can see a court mediator. The mediator listens to your mother’s and your father’s ideas about how best to take care of you. The mediator helps them work out a plan that will be best for you. If they cannot work out a plan, a guardian ad litem - your lawyer - will get involved and will usually want to meet the children. If the guardian ad litem wants to talk to you, he or she will probably ask you questions about how things are going for you at home, at school, and with your friends. This lawyer will also meet with your parents to try to figure out the best physical placement arrangement for you but won’t ask you to choose which parent you want to live with or to say if you like one of your parents more than the other.


Activity book home

Back to Wisconsin Court System Internet site

Contact the Webmaster