Domestic violence

Sometimes parents, or people who live together, get scared of each other. Some parents hurt each other or their children. This is called domestic violence. If one parent hurts or really scares the other parent, that other parent can ask the judge for help. The judge can make a court order that tells the parent who is hurting or scaring the family to stay away and not hurt the family anymore. This kind of court order is called a restraining order, or sometimes a TRO, for temporary restraining order.

Activity book home

Back to Wisconsin Court System Internet site

Contact the Webmaster