Admission to the practice of law in Wisconsin
Admission on proof of practice
SCR 40.05 - The applicant who applies for admission to the practice of law in Wisconsin must show they have been substantially engaged in the practice of law in a state or territory, the federal government or the District of Columbia for three years within the last five years prior to filing application for admission. A lawyer may satisfy this requirement by proof of practice in more than a single jurisdiction and under more than one provision of this rule.
Please contact the Board of Bar Examiners for more information.
THESE PDF FORMS ARE TO BE USED ONLY BY APPLICANTS WHO HAVE SUBMITTED A PAPER APPLICATION. They are not intended for use by applicants who have submitted an electronic application. The electronic application and information can be found here.
The following documents are viewable and fillable in Adobe Acrobat Reader .
(Please note you cannot save your work on these documents unless you have the full Adobe Acrobat program.)
- Admission on Proof of Practice - Information and Filing Instructions (BE-370)
- Authorization and Release (BE-002)
- Character Reference Questionnaire (BE-101)
- Amendment to Application (BE-010)
- Change of Address Notification (BE-009)
- Medical Information Form (BE-004)
- Debts (BE-005)
- Traffic Violations (BE-007)
- Law Violations (BE-008)