Committees and boards
Links referenced in the manual (external links):
- Section Vll: Cost Savings from Videoconferencing October 2003
- Section Vll: VendorNet
- References: Judicial Council of California
Multipoint, gateway and support service provided by ICS
Teleconference Support Services (external link) provided by the University of Wisconsin-Extension for all State agencies, include multipoint videoconferencing and interconnection between videoconference facilities using different communication networks. Support desk, site testing, training, WisLine audio and Web conferencing are also available.
Network providers (external links)
Internet protocol networks:
- BadgerNet2, adminstered by the Department of Adminsitration, is a statewide network providing data and videoconferencing circuits to state agencies, universities and colleges, libraries, K-12 school districts and county and local government. This is an intranet with support for videoconferences without interferrence from Internet data traffic.
- WiscNet, provided by the University of Wisconsin, is a member-governed non-profit cooperative that provides wide-area infrastructure and managed network services to Wisconsin's educational and civic institutions.
ISDN digital telephone circuits:
- Network Access Services Rates (external link), State of Wisconsin contract for ISDN services. Contact Dick Strand, DOA STS Contract Administrator, at (608) 267-8987.
Videoconference equipment contracts
State of Wisconsin VendorNet (external link) contract provides for a single unit; e.g., Polycom, etc. for either video over IP or video over dial up (ISDN) This equipment can be used for courtroom proceedings. It is also used for meetings and distance education.
Videoconference system integration into a classroom/courtroom (external link): "Distance Learning Audio and Video Equipment, Installation, Maintenance and Training" Use this contract if you are integrating a videoconference system into a court room or training center.
IP Video Technical Information (external link) with everything you need to prepare your local area network for videoconferencing, information about codecs, glossaries and tutorials. Provided by Instructional Communications Systems, University of Wisconsin.
Glossary: VC Alberta (external link)
Please e-mail comments, questions, and updates to the Videoconferencing Guide to Ann Olson in the Office of Court Operations at email@example.com or (608) 261-7550.