Skip to content
Rules & requirements
- All documents must include:
- a blank 1/2" top margin to accommodate the court-applied document header which includes the case number, document number, filed date, and pagination.
- a blank 2"x2" square in the top-right corner of the first page to accommodate the court file stamp.
- All documents requiring the signature of a court official (circuit court judge, court commissioner, clerk of circuit court, or register in probate) must also include a blank 3" top margin on page 1 to accommodate the court-applied signature, filed stamp, and header, along with a blank 1/2" top margin on all subsequent pages to accommodate the court-applied header.
- Do not include signature blocks for court officials on your documents. The courts will apply them as needed.
- All documents should be submitted in PDF format unless they require editing by a court official. If the probability of editing exists, the document can be submitted in Microsoft Word 2007 or newer (.docx) format.
- Documents larger than 10 MB must be split into smaller files before uploading them to the eFiling Website. Learn how to split PDF documents.
- The maximum page size is 12"x18".
- Use standard fonts when creating Microsoft Word documents and omit columns in the text area. Examples of standard fonts include Arial, Calibri, Cambria, Geneva, Tahoma, Times, and Times New Roman.
- Microsoft Word documents. Use 12 point font throughout your document and do not include footers unless absolutely necessary.
- PDF documents. Scan in black and white at 300 dpi for optimal results. Attachments such as maps and photos may be scanned in color if necessary.
- eCourts account. Learn how to create an eCourts account.
- Active email address. Email notifications regarding your cases will be sent to this email address. Make sure your email client and security platform will allow you to receive messages from @wicourts.gov addresses.
- Internet access. A high speed connection is recommended.
- Web browser. The most recent version of Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari is recommended.
- Scanner to output scanned documents in PDF format
- Microsoft Word 2007 or newer
- PDF conversion software. Microsoft Word has the capacity to save documents in PDF format.
- Antivirus software