Lawyer regulation

Instructions for filing a grievance

Grievances may be filed by telephone, mail, or email.

To file by telephone: Call (608) 267-7274 or (877) 315-6941 (toll free), and choose option 1 to file your grievance.

To submit a written grievance: Grievances can be sent in the form of a letter, or by completing the grievance form below. The grievance form can be printed and completed by hand, or typed on the form using Adobe Acrobat printed. When typing in the form be sure to print it out before exiting or your work will be lost. Sign and date the form, then mail it to: Office of Lawyer Regulation, P.O. Box 1648, Madison, WI 53701-1648.

The Supreme Court Clerk’s Office, located at 110 East Main Street, Suite 215, Madison, will accept hand-delivered written inquiries.

To email a grievance: A completed form can be emailed by saving the form, or by printing and scanning the form. Email the form and any additional documents to (Note: You must have the full version of Adobe Acrobat to be able to save the form or any information inserted in the form.)

Under SCR 22.01, grievances from incarcerated persons may not be made by telephone.